Reports To: Animation Lead
Tuque games is looking for a highly skilled animator to join our team, working on a fantasy Action-RPG.
You will be integral to establishing, creating and maintaining in-game animations that will bring our world to life and help us build an immersive, exciting fantasy experience. If you’re a passionate, talented, highly motivated with a keen eye for quality and proven experience creating stylized motion that are either hand keyed or motion capture animation, this is where you need to be.
The ideal candidate is both an outstanding animator and a great collaborator. We need a veteran who can deliver and implement excellent animations, has a great production-sense and demonstrates a natural flare for visual storytelling and crafting strong character narrative driven performances needed to bring characters to life in video games.
As part of Tuque Games, you’ll be joining an up and coming independent video game team. We are ambitious enough to position ourselves amongst the top independent gaming companies in the world. We are passionate game developers who are honest, humble, hard-working and are looking for someone who shares our values and desire to craft outstanding games.
- Create compelling, entertaining, and visually appealing performances for a wide-ranging set of characters, creatures and props through a blend of key-frame animation and motion capture
- Work closely with the narrative team during the cinematic pre-visualization process, assisting both with live-action and 3D previz. Focus on nailing character development, choreography, and timing of each scene with the animation lead and cinematic director
- Assemble and prepare cinematic scenes for capture on the motion capture stage
- Assist with mocap shoots, informing the stage crew of set building and prop needs, checking for continuity and keeping track of editing needs for scenes
- Work closely with tech designers to integrate scenes into the game engine, monitoring and troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise
- Collaborate with the animation lead and cinematic director to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of visual language, proper staging, quality, consistency, and style
- Give concise and timely feedback to outsourcing teams
- Actively contribute to the continued improvement of the techniques and best practices of the animation team
- Improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- A strong demo reel that demonstrates expert knowledge of realistic animation key-framing skills as well as motion capture enhancing and editing. Be able to create a full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful
- A thorough understanding of anatomy (human figure and creatures), complex body mechanics, weight distribution, pacing/timing, and posing
- High level of proficiency in Motion Builder and/or Maya
- Excellent artistic eye for scene composition, visual storytelling and acting principles
- A proven track record in dealing with both cutscenes and interactive animations within real-time game engines like Unreal
- Work well in a creative, team-oriented environment, exhibiting excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
- 4+ years of experience in video game animation, or any other relevant experience
- Game experience is a must
Desired Qualifications (Other Skills):
- Proficiency with facial animation and/or facial solving software
- Experience animating fantasy creatures and/or quadrupeds
- Experience with photography and/or cinematography
- Experience working on titles developed in UE4
- Basic understanding of rigging and scripting
- Published at least one AAA title as a narrative animator or in an equivalent position
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and showreel in which you showcase your best and most recent work. You may be asked to complete an animation test as part of the application process.
** Remote work is not offered for this position **
Vous pensez que cet emploi est pour vous?Postuler maintenant