Reports To: Animation Lead
Tuque games is looking for a highly skilled technical animator to join our team, working on a fantasy Action-RPG.
We seek an artist with experience in character/creature rigging, skinning, tools, and pipeline development to join our team. This talented individual should be able to work with minimal input and feel comfortable working in a team environment. Our ideal candidate is both an outstanding technical animator and a great collaborator. We need a veteran who possesses strong technical skills, an artistic eye and a passion for video games.
As part of Tuque Games, you’ll be joining an up and coming independent video game team. We are ambitious enough to position ourselves amongst the top independent gaming companies in the world. We are passionate game developers who are honest, humble, hard-working and are looking for someone who shares our values and desire to craft outstanding games.
- Design, create, test, and maintain rigs of various complexity for characters, creatures and props
- Write pipeline tools and scripts to streamline the setup process and automate tasks
- Communicate across departments and support the teams in the integration of animations into the game engine by authoring animation blends, graphs, tags and document the best practices
- Work with physics systems for rigid/soft bodies, hair, and cloth
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Actively advances skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products and learning new software packages
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Required qualifications (Essential Skills):
- Expert knowledge of Motion Builder and Maya and a strong understanding of their rigging tools
- Strong working knowledge in Python to develop scripts, tools and author plugins
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine and in-depth knowledge of in-game animation systems, blending trees and layering methods, retargeting, and state machines
- Strong problem solver with the ability to support the animation team with troubleshooting and technical assistance
- Well-versed in human and animal anatomy with a keen eye for proper form throughout a wide range of movement
- Knowledge of animator’s workflows and in game-development animation production
- Excellent ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and thrive in a team environment
- Capacity to work under minimal direction to determine and develop an approach to solutions
- 4+ years of experience in video game technical animation, or any other relevant experience
- Game experience is a must
Desired Qualifications (Other Skills):
- Knowledge of facial animation systems and rigging in game development
- Experience working with motion capture processes and data manipulation
- Experience rigging fantasy creatures and/or quadrupeds
- Exposure to character modeling and proper mesh topology related to character deformations
- Previous experience as an animator
- Published at least one AAA title as a technical animator or in an equivalent position
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and showreel in which you showcase your capacity to create user-friendly animation rigs. As part of the application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview.
** Remote work is not offered for this position. **
Think this job is for you?Apply now