Reports To: Animation Lead
Tuque games is looking for a highly skilled animator to join our team, working on a fantasy Action-RPG.
You will be integral to establishing, creating and maintaining in-game animations that will bring our world to life and help us build an immersive, exciting fantasy experience. If you’re a passionate, talented, highly motivated with a keen eye for quality and proven experience creating stylized motion that are either hand keyed or motion capture animation, this is where you need to be.
The ideal candidate is both an outstanding animator and a great collaborator. We need a veteran who can deliver and implement excellent animations, has a great production-sense and demonstrates a strong understanding of core animation systems needed to bring characters to life in video games.
As part of Tuque Games, you’ll be joining an up and coming independent video game team. We are ambitious enough to position ourselves amongst the top independent gaming companies in the world. We are passionate game developers who are honest, humble, hard-working, and are looking for someone who shares our values and desire to craft outstanding games.
- Create compelling, entertaining, and visually appealing gameplay animations for the player character, enemies and NPCs through a blend of key-frame animation and motion capture
- Work closely with designers and programmers to integrate these motions into the game engine, monitoring and troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise
- Collaborate with the animation lead to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency, and style
- Play the game so as to detect inconsistencies and validate the regularity of character reactions
- Perform the necessary research and consult references in order to acquire the knowledge needed to complete the animation tasks
- Actively contribute to the continued improvement of the techniques and best practices of the animation team
- Improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Required qualifications (Essential Skills):
- A strong demo reel that demonstrates expert knowledge of realistic animation using key-framing as well as motion capture enhancing and editing
- A thorough understanding of anatomy (human figure and creatures), complex body mechanics, weight distribution, pacing/timing, and posing
- High level of proficiency in Motion Builder and/or Maya
- Extensive experience dealing with implementing animations in-game, creating animation trees and animation blending in node-based animation editors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity and a capacity to work within the technical restrictions of video game development
- Work well in a creative, team-oriented environment, exhibiting excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
- 4+ years of experience in video game animation, or any other relevant experience
- Game experience is a must
Desired Qualifications (Other Skills):
- A good knowledge of setting up/working with animation state machines and blend trees
- Experience animating fantasy creatures and/or quadrupeds
- Experience working with additive, partial and layered animation systems
- Good understanding of acting principles and basic camera staging
- Basic understanding of rigging and scripting
- Experience working on titles developed in UE4
- Published at least one AAA title as an animator or in an equivalent position
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to submit your CV and showreel in which you showcase your best and most recent work. You may be asked to complete an animation test as part of the application process.
** Remote work is not offered for this position. **
Tuque Games commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regards based on the followings : age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to the organization's development.
Think this job is for you?Apply now