At Tuque Games, a Wizards of the Coast studio, our mission is simple:
Build great games and have fun doing it!
We are passionate game developers working on original high quality AAA games while enjoying a healthy studio culture. Our ambition is guided by strong values such as respect, honesty and humbleness. We truly believe in the power of a diverse team in which each individual has the opportunity to deploy their full potential and contribute to our collective success.
That speaks to you? Join us!
The opening is for a self-motivated, keen and versatile Art Director who has proven ability to manage and encourage a team of game artists, ensuring that visual elements are of the highest quality and technically compliant. This person will have strong skills in driving concept and reference, 2D and 3D art together with a deep understanding of technical pipelines and familiarity with optimizing and implementing art assets for game engines.
What You'll Do:
- Establish a unified vision for teams of internal and external artists producing 2D, 3D and VFX assets for games on multiple platforms.
- Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained and that artists have clear benchmarks for asset production.
- Define the quality bar for asset creation and outsourced art.
- Find artistic solutions which balance creative vision with production realities.
- Review artists’ work and give feedback to ensure the highest quality expectations are met.
- Collaborate with technical artists, designers and programmers to develop efficient and productive art pipelines and establish metrics which ensure artistic goals are met within technical performance targets.
- Develop and own art creation guidelines and pipeline specifications
- Produce assets to inspire and define art direction; mood videos, image mockups etc
- Keep informed about latest advances in game art technique and technology
- Be an active mentor, leader and role model for the art team.
- Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- Be actively involved with recruitment, vetting candidates, performing interviews
What You'll Bring:
- College Diploma/Degree in 2D/3D, video game development or equivalent training/experience.
- 2 shipped titles as an Art Director, 5 or more years at a Senior Level or above.
- Experience of working on a published AAA game from conception to release.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in one or more game art disciplines across a range of styles.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- Deep understanding of the latest techniques in 3D modeling
- Good Knowledge of 3DSMax, ZBrush and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of fundamental art theory including principles of color, light, composition and anatomy.
- Shown ability to balance aesthetics with performance and usability.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Positive influence and leadership skills - Motivates and encourages others to generate new ideas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tuque Games commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regard based on the following: age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Think this job is for you?Apply now