3D TECHNICAL ARTIST
Tuque games is looking for a Technical Artist who can take charge of content-related technical decisions related to the game. This includes visual research and development, creating benchmarks as well as defining processes, pipelines and best practices.
As the link between programmers and the art team the Technical Artist will also assist in evaluating new technologies, supervising content budgets and monitoring performance across multiple consoles.
The Senior Technical Artist is expected to take the initiative to interact directly with all disciplines in order to ensure that the Art team has all the necessary tools required to maintain the optimum delivery of art assets. This is of course taking into consideration any technical limitations as well as resolving any technical issues as they arise.
As part of Tuque Games you’ll be joining an up and coming independent video game team. We are ambitious enough to position ourselves amongst the top independent gaming companies in the world. We are passionate game developers who are honest, humble, hard working, and are looking for someone who shares our values and desire to craft outstanding games.
- Be the bridge between artists and programmers
- Define, develop and direct the art pipeline, workflows and tools
- Support a team of artists in technical, aesthetic and performance challenges
- Identify tools improvement possibilities
- Develop and optimize efficient and robust materials/shaders
- Document and share all pipeline, best practices and technical information for the art team
- Mentor and educate the team on increasing the efficiency and optimizing work
- Identify and propose optimal solutions and monitor game/data performance
- Push for visual quality and alignment with art direction
- Own the content budgeting, LOD’s and instancing strategy
- A minimum of 6 years experience in a Technical Artist role for the game industry
- Shipped at least one outstanding game as Technical Artist
- Strong Experience with Unreal 4
- Excellent knowledge of Maya, Substance painter and designer
- Proficiency with ZBrush is desirable
- Highly creative and independent thinker
- Comfortable in communication with both art and programing teams with a strong problem solving attitude
- Excellent ability to write clear and concise documentation
Tuque Games commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regards based on the followings : age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to the organization's development.
Think this job is for you?Apply now